Due to the growth of Impossible Foods and their focus to gain placement in national big box brands, they are not currently able to supply many local small independent restaurants that have been carrying the Impossible Burger for some time. This includes us at the Nitty Gritty.
We are proud to carry the Beyond Burger in its place until further notice. Our staff can help you make the substitution when you order. Of course, our vegan Gritty Sauce, cheese, and buns will still be on hand! We have other vegan options as well. Both our homemade Black Bean Burger and Falafel Burger patties are vegan and we carry delicious Vegan Shakes made with Chocolate Shoppe Soy Ice Cream.
The Nitty Gritty Proudly Serves Locally Sourced Foods Including:
- Barriques Coffee (Madison)
- Wisconsin Meadows Cooperative Beef (Viroqua)
- Stella's Bakery Hot & Spicy Cheese Bread Rolls (Madison)
- Hubbard Avenue Diner Pies (Middleton)
- Chocolate Shoppe Vegan Ice Cream (Madison)
- Johnsonville Brats (Sheboygan Falls)
- Jones Farm Bacon and Sausage (Fort Atkinson)
- Madison Sourdough Co. Sourdough
- Pretzilla Pretzel Buns (Milwaukee)
- Wisconsin Cheeses from Foremost Farms, Mindoro Creamery, Nasonville Dairy, and Swiss Valley Farms
Served weekends 10am to 3pm
Brunch Served Saturday and Sunday 10am-3pm